Terms & Conditions
- The Trade Up To HP promotion is valid on new purchases of qualifying HP PC’s, Laptops or Tablet computers (“Qualifying Products”) made during the promotional period 1st May 2017 through until 31st July 2017.
- The promotion is open to businesses or organisations operating in mainland UK and Northern Ireland only. This offer is not open to employees of HP (HP), their agents, wholesalers, resellers, retail staff, retailers, participating stockists or anyone connected with the promotion. Claims must be submitted by the end user customer only. Resellers may not submit claims on behalf of their customers.
- This offer may not be combined with any other promotion.
- Qualifying Products purchased further to volume discounts over 50 units such as fleet purchases or special bid discounts are not eligible for the promotion.
- One trade in per Qualifying Product purchased only will be accepted.
- You are eligible to Trade-in up to 50 qualifying Trade-ins per company or individual during the Promotional Period.
- The maximum reward available is capped at 50% of the total invoice purchase price of Qualifying Products regardless of the reward advertised.
- You must register for the promotion online within 30 calendar days of purchasing a Qualifying Product, and must return your qualifying Trade-in to arrive within 30 days of approval of your claim (the “Qualifying Trade-in Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, the day on which you are invoiced for your Qualifying Product will count as day one (1) and claim approval date counts as day one (1). Claims with Trade-ins that arrive after the Qualifying Trade-in Period will not be accepted and will be recycled free of charge. You will not be able to claim a trade in reward on items you have returned.
- Participants are permitted to upload proof of purchase in the form of a sales invoice or receipt clearly detailing the purchase of the qualifying product, the purchase date, purchase price and reseller name.
- Applications will be screened for validity to ensure that the transaction made is a bona fide purchase of the Qualifying Product. The outcome of your claim will be communicated to you within three (3) working days. On approval of your claim, you will receive a pre-paid postage label. Trade-in devices must be sent complete with the barcodes you receive in your approval email.
- For trade in claims over 20 units a free pick-up service is available up to a maximum of 50 trade-in units. The pick-up service includes a maximum 2 pick-up attempts by the courier, any additional pick-up attempts will incur a direct cost or the service will be removed as an offer.
- Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. HP cannot accept liability for any applications or computers lost, damaged or destroyed in the post and recommends using an insured postal service. Please note we are unable to accept hand delivery.
- For your Trade-in to qualify for the promotion it must be a working, complete and undamaged, (reasonable wear and tear accepted) Laptop (minimum 10” screen size), Tablet (minimum 9” screen size) or Desktop. Your Trade-in must be no more than 7 years old and complete with all accessories including working battery and power supply where applicable. Password protected or BIOS locked trade in units do not qualify for this promotion.
- Non-qualifying Trade-ins may be rejected or subject to revaluation. We will notify you via email if your Trade-in is revalued, you will have up to 7 days to accept or decline the revised offer.
- Trade-in devices must be the rightful property of the Company or Business. Trade-in devices must be posted by; or collected from the registered company address or legally associated address. Trade-ins posted or collected from an unregistered address will be deemed invalid.
- Provided that the terms and conditions of this promotion have been met, a payment for the relevant amount will be paid to you by bank transfer within 45 days from validation of your claim. All amounts paid are inclusive of V.A.T.
- This offer is not transferrable to another individual or business; claims will only be accepted if they are made by the original purchaser.
- HP reserves the right to change Qualifying Products during the promotional period.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or confidential data and software. Upon receipt of the computer to be traded in all data will be destroyed. Please note we are unable to retrieve any customer data once a computer has been received. Deletion of all confidential data and information, which are in each case subject to applicable data protection legislation, and are possibly stored on the product to be traded-in, is the responsibility of the customer.
- HP reserves the right to closely monitor usage of the promotional website, including users’ IP addresses, so that we may identify misuse, and disqualify applications
- HP is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the participant from or otherwise obstructs him/her in participating in the promotion.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon submitting an application.
- If a claim is refused because the terms of the offer have not been met, the promoter's decision is final. HP reserves the right to withdraw, amend or terminate the promotion without notice.
Address for correspondence is Trade Up To HP, PO Box 487, Gateshead, NE8 9BQ
Address for trade in computers is: ITAD Works, Trade Up To HP, 132 Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, GU6 8TB
Promoter: HP Inc UK Limited Ltd., Amen Corner, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN (please do not send any applications or promotion-related correspondence to this address.)