Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of the promotion
Terms and conditions last updated 1st February 2019
- This promotion is valid for UK or ROI businesses that purchase qualifying products between 1st February 2019 and 30th April 2019. Claims must be submitted by the end user customer only and not the reseller, One Trade in per qualifying product purchased will be accepted up to a maximum of 50. This promotion is not valid for schools, colleges, Academy’s or Education Trusts.
- You must submit a claim within 30 days from the invoice date of your qualifying purchase. The date on your invoice counts as day 1. You will need to upload proof of purchase in the form of a sales invoice that proves you have bought qualifying product and provide your name, company name and address, and payment details
- On approval of your claim, we’ll email you a pre-paid postage label which you must apply to your carefully packaged, rightfully owned, working trade in laptop or desktop (your laptop must include its power supply). A collection service is offered for quantities of 10 or more.
- Providing Terms and Conditions have been met, you’ll receive settlement via bank transfer within 30 days of claim validation.
- By participating in this promotion, you consent to receive future email correspondence with information about goods and services similar to those within this promotion.
Terms and conditions last updated 1st February 2019
- The Trade Up To HP promotion (Promotion) is valid on new purchases of qualifying HP PC’s, Laptops and Monitors listed Here (Qualifying Products) made during the Promotional Period defined at Condition 2 directly from HP or another authorised reseller (Authorised Reseller)
- Purchase of Qualifying Products must be made between the 1st February 2019 and 30th April 2019 (Promotional Period).
- An Authorised Reseller is any authorised HP reseller. Amazon Marketplace, eBay and any other marketplace sellers are specifically excluded from this Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to businesses or organisations operating in mainland UK, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland only (Participant). This Promotion is not open to employees of HP (HP), their agents, wholesalers, resellers, retail staff, retailers, participating stockists or anyone connected with the promotion. Claims must be submitted by the end user Participant only. Resellers may not submit claims on behalf of their customers.
- On purchase of a Qualifying Product from an Authorised Reseller and subsequently trading in a device that meets the criteria set out in Condition 15 (Qualifying Trade-In). The Participant will be entitled to claim a monetary Reward (Reward) in accordance with Tables 1 and 2, variable on the particular Qualifying Trade-In in by the Participant.
Table 1 – Rewards – Computers Trade up to HP GB £ Trade In Device Purchase Any PC i3 i5 i7 Pro Series 75 125 175 225 Elite Series 100 150 200 250 Premium Series 125 175 225 275 Trade up to HP IE € Trade In Device Purchase Any PC i3 i5 i7 Pro Series 83 138 193 248 Elite Series 110 165 220 275 Premium Series 138 193 248 303 Table 2 – Rewards – Monitors Monitor Any PC Pro Series £20/ €22 Elite Series £45/ €50 Z Series £50/€55 Premium Series £75/€83
- This Promotion is not open to schools, colleges, academies or education trusts.
- This Promotion may not be combined with any other promotion. Qualifying Products purchased through special bid, fleet purchase or volume discount are not eligible for this Promotion.
- One trade in per Qualifying Product purchased only will be accepted.
- Participants are eligible to Trade-in up to 50 qualifying Trade-Ins per Participant during the Promotional Period.
- You must register for the Promotion online within 30 calendar days from the date of your invoice for the Qualifying Product purchased (Claim). You must return your Qualifying Trade-in to arrive within 30 days of approval of your Claim (the Qualifying Trade-in Period). For the avoidance of doubt, the day on which you are invoiced for your Qualifying Product will count as day one (1) and Claim approval date counts as day one (1). Claims with Trade-ins that arrive after the Qualifying Trade-in Period will not be accepted and will be recycled free of charge. Participants will not be able to claim a Reward (as defined at Condition 4) against Qualifying Products that have been returned.
- Participants are required to upload proof of purchase in the form of a sales invoice clearly detailing the purchase of the Qualifying Product, the purchase date, purchase price and reseller name.
- Applications will be screened for validity to ensure that the transaction made is a bona fide purchase of the Qualifying Product. The outcome of your claim will be communicated to you within three (3) working days. On approval of your claim, you will receive a pre-paid postage label. Trade-in devices must be packed individually, and each sent complete with the barcode(s) you receive in your approval email.
- For Claims of 10 units or more, a free pick-up service is available up to a maximum of 50 trade-in units. The pick-up service includes a maximum 2 pick-up attempts by the courier, any additional pick-up attempts will incur a direct cost or the service will be removed as an offer.
- Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. HP cannot accept liability for any applications or computers lost, damaged or destroyed in the post and recommends using an insured postal service. Please note we are unable to accept hand delivery.
- For your Trade-in to qualify for the Promotion it must be a working and complete laptop or desktop (reasonable wear and tear accepted), and no more than 7 years old. Trade in Laptops must be a minimum 10” screen size and include the battery and AC adaptor. Thin clients, password protected or BIOS locked Trade-in units do not qualify for this promotion. Non-qualifying Trade-ins may be rejected or subject to revaluation in accordance with Table 1. We will notify you via email if your Trade-in is revalued, you will have up to 7 days to accept or decline the revised offer. If no response is received within 7 days, you will be deemed to have accepted the revised offer and you will be awarded the amount detailed in the revaluation email.
Table 3. Deduction Amount Deduction Amount Description Reward Action £ € Battery worn out/failed Deduction £20 €22 Cracked/Damaged casing/Heavily Scratched Deduction £20 €22 Dead Motherboard - Not eligible for promotion Deduction Not Eligible Not Eligible Missing one or more keys from keyboard Deduction £10 €11 Missing/Failed Power Supply Deduction £20 €22 Permanent marking (etched/asset tag) Deduction £20 €22 Power on password locked - Not eligible for promotion Deduction Not Eligible Not Eligible Missing hard drive Deduction £20 €22
- For Qualifying Products that are monitors, the monitor must be working and complete with power supply. CRT monitors do not qualify for this promotion.
- Trade-in devices must be the rightful property of the Participating Company or Business. Trade-in devices must be posted by; or collected from the registered company address or legally associated address. Trade-ins posted or collected from an unregistered address will be deemed invalid.
- Provided that the terms and conditions of this promotion have been met, a payment for the relevant amount will be paid to you by bank transfer within 30 days from validation of your claim. All amounts paid are exclusive of V.A.T. unless otherwise specified.
- This Promotion is not transferable to another individual or business; Claims will only be accepted if they are made by the original purchaser.
- HP reserves the right to change Qualifying Products during the Promotional Period.
- HP accepts no responsibility for lost or confidential data and software. Upon receipt of the Trade-in device, all data will be destroyed. We are unable to retrieve any customer data once a computer has been received. Deletion of all confidential data and information, which are in each case subject to applicable data protection legislation and are possibly stored on the product to be traded-in, is the responsibility of the customer.
- HP reserves the right to closely monitor usage of the promotional website, including users’ IP addresses, so that we may identify misuse, and disqualify applications.
- HP is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other failures or damage of any kind to the extent that this prevents the
- Participant from or otherwise obstructs him/her in participating in the Promotion.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon submitting an application.
- If a claim is refused because the terms of the Promotion have not been met, the HP’s decision is final. HP reserves the right to withdraw, amend or terminate the Promotion or to amend the Qualifying Products.
Address for correspondence is Trade Up To HP, PO Box 487, Gateshead, NE8 9BQ
Address for trade in computers is: ITAD Works, Trade Up To HP, 132 Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, GU6 8TB
Promoter: HP Inc UK Limited. Amen Corner, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN (please do not send any applications or promotion-related correspondence to this address.)